Delhi-6: Rahman's Most Versatile and Accomplished Movie Soundtrack?
I haven't seen the movie yet, but I've been listening to the Delhi-6 soundtrack almost nonstop for about a month now. A R Rahman, the composer of this soundtrack and so much wonderful music over the years, seems to have outdone himself on this one. The set really has a bit of everything.
- Masakali. This hot and groovy cabaret number, perhaps the highlight of this set, has been delivered expertly by Mohit Chauhan.
- Arziyan. A reflective sufi song by Javed Ali and Kailash Kher.
- Dilli-6. A number of singers contribute on this electric rap song: Blaaze, Benny Dayal, Vivianne Chaix, Tanvi Shah, and Claire.
- Rehna Tu. A melancholy piece, delivered by Rahman himself with assists from Benny Dayal and Tanvi Shah.
- Hey Kaala Bandar. A cool hip-hop number by Karthik, Naresh Iyer, Srinivas, Bony Chakravorty. Embar is responsible for the rap contributions.
- Dil Gira Dafatan. Ash King sings this soft ballad with support from Chinmayee.
- Genda Phool. An exquisite folk song by Rekha Bhardwaj.
- Bhor Bhaye. A classical number by Ustad Bade Ghulam Ali Khan and Shreya Ghoshal.
- Aarti. Another presentation by Rekha Bhardwaj.
- Noor. A short poem recited by Amitabh Bhachchan.